Battle Realistic Nerf N-Force Swords
Nerf swords and other products, which are currently under the stewardship of Hasbro, have been in existence for over 40 years and were originally designed by Parker Brothers. Their idea spread to the creation of durable foam sporting products and has since expanded into toys and games.
NERF (which stands for “Non Expanding Recreational Foam”), has enabled the manufacture of these child friendly safe, foam swords, guns, balls and other toys and these have proved to be extremely popular since the 1970’s when their garish colours and styles first came on the scene.
The professional process of making the foam has been refined and perfected, giving the toys a light, but solid and sturdy feel, helped by an internal plastic pole. This allows the swords to be swung with authenticity and although never flimsy, your limbs will remain attached to your body should you fail to block in time with your Nerf shield!
The world of Nerf is opened up to every little Barbarian out there, with body harnesses and bandolier tops designed to sheath and accompany your beautifully made blade. If you’ve spent you Nerf gun bullets and lived out those Arnie or Bruce Willis fantasies, now is the time to step up and embrace Conan and Thor.
The Nerf N-Force range consists of an extensive array of swords, axes and shields, below is a list of the swords you can purchase.
- Marauder Long Sword: This long sword is over a metre long and is modelled on the European renaissance long swords that were held in both hands. This sword can be bought with either a red or black handle and is perfect for showing who is the boss or if you are the parent, that you are the boss.
- Shadow Fury: The Shadow Fury, classed as a short sword, weighs in at a more modest 1.2kg and stretches just over 32 inches, so still not a sword to be messed with. With its bright blue hilt, it doesn’t look half bad either.
Stonewall Sword & Shield: Encompassing 2 items in one pack, this is a value for money weapon set with both attack and defensive capabilities in mind. The shield itself is rather sturdy, being made from plastic as well as foam and can be used for defence or attack. The Stonewall sword on the other hand could be considered more of a knife or dagger, being shorter than the other swords and only around a foot in length.
- Thunder Fury: A very striking Nerf sword (excuse the pun), with its bright yellow and black handle and 32 inches of pure imitation gleaming blade, this is a sword to stand out against the crowd.
- Vantage: Based on the Scottish Claymore sword, this Nerf sword comes with a choice of two colours, yellow or blue and has a slightly more sturdy feel than the Fury swords with a thicker handle.
- Vendetta Double Sword: Live out your Darth Maul fantasies with this sword! Although actually two swords and useable as such, they can be joined together to form the double sword and then you have got over 4 foot of sword to wield, making it the longest Nerf weapon released so far.
All of the Nerf swords can be wiped clean with a damp towel to keep them looking good ready for the next battle.